CK Links--Friday August 19, 2016

Links!

Don't forget: The easiest way to support Casual Kitchen is to buy your items at Amazon using the various links here. Just click over to Amazon, and EVERY purchase you make during that visit pays a modest affiliate commission to support my work here. Best of all, this comes at zero extra cost to you. As always, I welcome your thoughts.

PS: Follow me on Twitter!

*************************

Articles first this week! Then, see below for some bonus great recipe links:

Some would say these food hacks are weird, even distasteful. Some have said it. (Surviving and Thriving)

Knife skills 101: the four basic cuts. (Nerd Fitness)

Intriguing post on why "baking therapy" works so well. (Cupcake Project)

Useful ideas for college students to cut costs. (WiseBread)

How one family is sending 13 kids to college, living debt free... and still plans to retire early. (Washington Post, via No Gimmicks Nutrition)

If I could live a happy life with the contents of a small bag, why do I have all this other stuff? And why do I buy stuff to add to it? (The Simple Dollar)

Fascinating thoughts on the rationality (and irrationality!) of waiting in line. (Freakonomics)

Now, some really good recipes!
Ramen 2.0: Cold noodles for hot days. (BitterSweet)

Easy: One Pot Pomegranate Roasted Chicken. (Chocolate and Zucchini)

Immensely savory: Chickpeas and Potato Coconut Curry. (Obscene Vegan)

Bonus! Rajma, or Red Bean Curry. (Obscene Vegan)

An epic collection of low-carb tomato recipes. (A Sweet Life)


Got an interesting article or recipe to share? Want some extra traffic at your blog? Send me an email!


How can I support Casual Kitchen?
Easy. Do all your shopping at Amazon.com via the links on this site! You can also link to me or subscribe to my RSS feed. Finally, consider sharing this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to Facebook, Twitter (follow me @danielckoontz!) or to bookmarking sites like reddit, digg or stumbleupon. I'm deeply grateful to my readers for their ongoing support.

1 comment:

Jen Blacker said...

Baking and/or cooking therapy does work. After a hard work week nothing is better than cooking and baking. It's so relaxing to me. Then I bring goodies to work and make more people happy. People think I'm some sort of "super woman" but it's so easy to take a little time during the weekend to relax and cook.