CK Friday Links--Friday April 25, 2014

Links from around the internet. As always, I welcome your thoughts.

PS: Follow me on Twitter!

*************************
National Geographic published a striking cover story this month asking how we can feed 9 billion people by 2050. Good reading. (National Geographic)

How Darwin changed how we think about meat. (James McWilliams)

Interesting graphic description (with the help of M+Ms!) of hormone levels in various foods. Beef ranks far lower than you'd think. (Dust In My Coffee)

How frogs can keep your milk fresh. (Gizmodo via Addicted to Canning)

Conquer your fear and learn to do a handstand. (Nerd Fitness)

Striking, insightful article on the concept of the theory of mind. Helps explain why many ideas like anti-consumerism, early retirement (and even many key concepts of investing) tend to produce blank stares from people. (Early Retirement Extreme)

Why the first thing you should buy with that money is... nothing. (Mr. Money Mustache)

Here's what does--and doesn't--matter with your finances and investments. [ed: This looks like a really good blog by the way. Worth adding to the feedreader.] (A Wealth of Common Sense)

Thought-provoking post on why satire is important… and why you should really try and "get it." (Cracked)

Exceptional, beautiful requiem on Gabriel García Márquez by Kathryn Schulz, author of Being Wrong. (Vulture)




Got an interesting article or recipe to share? Want some extra traffic at your blog? Send me an email!


How can I support Casual Kitchen?
Easy. Do all your shopping at Amazon.com via the links on this site! You can also link to me or subscribe to my RSS feed. Finally, consider sharing this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to Facebook, Twitter (follow me @danielckoontz!) or to bookmarking sites like reddit, digg or stumbleupon. I'm deeply grateful to my readers for their ongoing support.

1 comment:

The Calico Cat said...

Thanks for sharing the M&M blog post.